Like many sommeliers before her, Michelle was steered towards the world of wine by a glass of old, red Burgundy. While growing up just outside of Atlantic City, wine was not a part of her daily culture. Moving to NYC, working as a waiter at Pastis and participating in the “Reserve Wine” staff trainings changed all of that. Her career focus shifted, and Michelle began working as an intern in order to learn how to taste and appreciate wine. From there, she gained valuable “hands-on” experience in the vineyards, spending two sequential harvest seasons (2009 & 2010) in Burgundy. Upon her return to New York, she worked as a sommelier at Bar Boulud and Boulud Sud. In the summer of 2012, Michelle traveled to Piedmont to work in the vineyards of Barolo. Michelle joined Blue Hill in January 2013, bringing her love and passion of wine to the West Village.
- Viñátigo recognized in the USA as the great recuperator of the autochthonous Canarian varieties
- Viñátigo Vijariego Blanco 2016 highlighted by Jancis Robinson
- We renew our ISO 9001 Certification, this time adapted to the requirements of the version of the 2015 Standard
- Viñátigo to the conquest of the United Kingdom
- Viñátigo, “Exemplary Winery” of the MIVINO Magazine of the month of February